Fareham & Portchester Primary Care Network
Social prescribing can improve your health and wellbeing.
Social prescribing helps you to explore extra services and other ways that may support you to improve your health, sense of wellness and independence. This service is now available in your GP service through Fareham and Portchester Primary Care Network.
How does it work?
You will be referred by a member of your GP practice health care team to one of our Social Prescribers. They will contact you by the telephone to discuss your referral and they may invite you to come and see you at the GP practice or arrange to meet you elsewhere. This will usually be within 7 working days.
The Social Prescriber is:
- Someone to talk to confidentially
- Someone who is practical, helpful and will not judge you
- Someone who can help you find activities that may suit you and if needed can escort you to access them
- Someone who can help you decide what you would like to do to feel healthier and happier
- Someone who can advise you on how to arrange appointments and access support for form filling and similar
- Someone who can give you support along the way
The Social Prescriber can explore with you many services in your community to help:
- Befriending, Counselling and other support groups
- Volunteering, training and employment opportunities
- Accessing specialist services and support
- Opportunities available for education and learning
- Healthier and more active lifestyles
- Ways to develop their own positive skills and interests
Social Prescribing is a new service and we welcome your feedback