COVID-19: Our surgery plans and how this will affect you
If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last week or two, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks:
Making an appointment
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone 01329 280887 or online through our website www.gudgeheathsurgery.co.uk
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, by video link, or we may ask you to come to the surgery;
- Access to the surgery premises will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
- If you need to have a face to face appointment, you may be asked to attend one of the following surgeries: Fareham Centre Practice or Westlands Medical Centre or The Portchester Practice.
- Whilst you may have to go to a different surgery building to the one you are used to and you might see a doctor or nurse who you are not familiar with, your records will still be accessible securely to you and to them.
- If you are able to, please continue to use our website www.gudgeheathsurgery.co.uk or the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this;
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way, then you may deliver this through the outside surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception.
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or your local pharmacist;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or visit our website to access E-consult www.gudgeheathsurgery.co.uk
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 01329 280887 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- Please check our website for updates www.gudgeheathsurgery.co.uk or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GudgeHeathLaneDoctorsSurgery/
- We do anticipate some staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time.
We appreciate your continued support.
If you have a fever, persistent cough or respiratory symptoms please self isolate for 7 days and if your symptoms get worse call 111 or go online re 111 advice.
If you feel you need to speak to a GP you will be put on our triage list and a GP will call you back during that day. Please do not attend the surgery to book any appointments.
ALL pre-booked GP appointments will take place over the telephone/video consultation unless a GP invites you to the Surgery.
Chronic disease or Respiratory Nurse appointments -Your face to face appointments will be conducted over the telephone. Please do not attend the surgery.
Healthcare assistant and practice Nurse appointments - routine appointments will be cancelled. Necessary appointments such as B12 injections, Dressings, Prostap injections, Depo injections, Smear tests, stitch removal will go ahead. Please only attend the surgery if you feel well.
Baby Vaccinations - important for your baby - these appointments will go ahead. Please only attend the surgery if you and your baby are well.
Blood appointments - please attend pre-booked appointments if you feel well. Will will only be booking future blood appointments where the need is necessary ie INR/Warfarin patients.
If you are calling for another reason please ensure you visit the NHS dot uk website first to find self-care advice. This will help keep our doctors and nurses available to help the sickest people in our community. Provided you do not have symptoms of the coronavirus you can also access high quality advice at your local community pharmacy.
If you have sustained an injury, and are unable to manage it using first aid, you will need to attend your local Minor Injuries or accident and emergency department. Thank you for your co-operation.
Welcome To Gudge Heath Lane Surgery
187 Gudge Heath Lane
Tel: 01329 280887
This website provides many online facilities, including appointment booking and cancellation, registration, prescription ordering, and much more. It also contains a vast range of health information and resources, along with practical information on visiting the surgery. We hope you find the website useful and informative.
Vision And Customer Service Standards
To smile, and greet patients and visitors to the practice politely.
To listen to patients, and be as helpful as possible.
To meet each persons needs and preferences with regard to equality, diversity and access.
To provide our patients with the highest possible standard of care.
To be recognised as the best GP Practice in Fareham.
Named GP for all Patients
All patients have a named GP who will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery provides to them. They will also work with other relevant health and care professionals, who are involved in your care,to ensure that your care package meets your individual needs.
The surgery has a NO SMOKING POLICY and therefore would like to advise you that smoking is not permitted on the site of Gudge Heath Lane Surgery. This includes the Car Park and the Grounds. Thank you.
We are looking to recruit 2 staff to join our happy team of Receptionists!
For more information and our 'job pack' please see the ...
Read More »
We have updated our privacy notice to include information about nominated pharmacies.
We have also updated our Complaints information with relation to the NHS advocacy service details. The new website for Advocacy is www.nhscomplaintsadvocacy.org, the email is email@example.com and the phone number is 0300 330 5454. Please see the relevant areas of our website for more information. Thank you.
Read More »
Please click on the link for the government website to view the information regarding the ending of lockdown for sheilding ...
Read More »